To direct our families to access the best support available through Mother Terese School, we are setting up the following process to assist with referrals and the most appropriate use of our resources.
- Enquiry (teacher or parent) – Request a referral form from the office
- The principal will talk with you and guide you to appropriate support
- Diverse Learning Teacher and team,
- Student welfare officer (individual or small group guidance and/or mentoring support),
- Defence School Mentor,
- School counselling (individual or small group)
- External agencies
If school counselling is recommended the School Counsellor will contact the parents and go through the online CatholicCare referral process if school counselling is suitable.
The school has the services of a school counsellors from Catholic Care, Bronwyn Whyatt and Ryoko Koyasu. Their work is supported by our Student Welfare Officer and our Defence Service Mentor.