ELC Director's Welcome
Mother Teresa School caters for children from Preschool to Year 6. The Early Learning Centre is a specialist area of the school that has a specific focus on preschool education. We are a large team of experienced Early Childhood Educators who have a deep understanding of how children learn and know how to be intentional teachers through play. We know how to make hard work fun! Mother Teresa ELC achieved an Exceeding the National Standard rating in 2016.
Our classes have a maximum of 22 children led by a team which includes a highly qualified Early Childhood Teacher and two Educators. Our practice is guided by the Early Years Learning Framework for Australia, and this underpins all the work that we do. The principles of the framework are:
- Secure, respectful and reciprocal relationships
- Partnerships with children, families and support professionals
- High expectations and equity
- Respect for diversity
- Ongoing learning and reflective practice
The Mother Teresa Preschool team are working towards becoming certified language and literacy specialists by completing the Hanen - Learning Language and Loving It! program. The program is a three-pronged, comprehensive approach aimed at:
- Prevention of Language Delays for children at risk and second-language learners;
- Early Language Intervention for children with language delays; and
- Language Enrichment for typically developing children.
Our skilled team value relationships, inclusion and diversity, risky play, sustainability, fires in the Winter and bush walks. We embed numeracy and literacy through all learning experiences and although it may not look like traditional learning (we don’t want it to!), our methods set children up for a successful transition to school.
Here is a glimpse of us on social media: https://www.facebook.com/MTSPreschoolEducation
Director of Preschool & Pedagogical Leadership